Organizing the home environment isn’t easy especially when it comes to those parents that are working at home. Mounds of duties, laundry, hungry kids, school homework and dinner yet to be prepared don’t actually make it easy to start working.
It’s more about struggling to find a balanced life between the ever-bombarding burdens of housework with that of regular work. So, it’s important to analyze your activities and prioritize your work from the most important to the least important task.
Once you have worked out a plan to simplify what you need to do, you will find a life free of much clutter and even be able to work easily while still finishing chores around the home.
How To Make Working at Home Easier For Parents
Below we have discussed some simple tips on how to make working at home easier for working parents.
- Planning menus. Cooking dinner after work can be a stressful task. Planning menus on the weekend for the entire week can help in managing dinner activities at a quicker pace and will make this task easier to perform. For work at home parents it’s recommended to prepare food on weekends for the whole week and preserve the meals for the family to eat as the week progresses. This will reduce their burden of cooking at home after work.
- Grocery shopping on weekends. Never do your home’s grocery shopping while you should suppose to be working. Grocery shopping is a tedious and stressful task and needs your full energy and attention. That’s why it’s better to do grocery shopping for your entire week on weekends.
- Extra cleaning chores on weekends. Extra cleaning chores such as cleaning wardrobes and store rooms should be done on weekends rather than weekdays. You have more time on weekends and you can even get the kids to help you.
- Outsourcing tedious cleaning activities. Tedious cleaning activities can be outsourced at a reasonable pay rate such as painting the house, cleaning the car, mowing the lawn, etc. This can relieve working parents from additional duties.
- Creating a special workspace at home. Creating a small peaceful working space at home can be beneficial for parents that are working from home. Don’t work on your kitchen table or on your bed. Find a perfect place and decorate it so it will inspire you.
- Sharing responsibilities of housework. Distributing work to all the members of the family can reduce work burden. Sharing responsibilities, for example, one member is assigned to do laundry while the other does dishes, etc. can help reduce workloads. It also teaches kids responsibility.
- Smart planning of work. Create a list of the most important tasks to the least important tasks. Less important work can be delayed for a few days. So, you should always get to the higher priority tasks. Smart management is really important to have a hassle-free life.
- Make a timetable for children. Children who are eating, sleeping, doing homework and playing on time can relieve working parents from the stress of managing various kid activities for the whole day. Following a timetable also teaches kids the importance of following time.How to make working at home easier? Share your thoughts in the comment section.