I am often surprised by the number of kids who don’t even know basic cooking skills. It seems like parents aren’t teaching kids to cook any more, which I think is a shame! Do you think that kitchen is not safe for the kids? Well, with some supervision, kitchen can be a fun place for kids where they can learn invaluable life skills while spending time with their parents. Some cooking activities for kids are so fun that kids would enjoy it.
Do you want to have a grownup kid that doesn’t even know how to make a sandwich?
The answer is simple:
As soon as they have the motor skills to stand steadily and get things – they can do cooking activities for kids! Of course, they need to be interested – but hey, they are kids and kids are always interested in what their parents are doing.
If you think that toddlers are still too young for trying cooking activities for kids – you are probably wrong.
Toddlers can do so many things and that will be entertaining to them.
Cooking activities for kids
2. Adding ingredients
3. Getting things out of the pantry
4. Rolling out and shape dough
5. Pouring liquids
6. Starting kitchen appliances while you’re helping (after all, they like to push (our) buttons).
7. Chopping some soft foods like bananas, mushrooms or soft cheese with a butter knife.
8. Splashing around in a sink full of warm water to ‘wash the dishes.’
9. Spreading peanut butter, jam and other spreads onto bread and crackers.
This will not only teach them some important kitchen skills, but they will start to understand there is time, effort, and a process involved in getting food from the market to the plate. They will appreciate their food much more then before – and they will love to eat what they’ve prepared.
With constant supervision, there are always some cooking activities for kids even the youngest child can help you with. Check out some cool kids recipes or our collection of donuts recipes and try to make your favorite one together.