This is one of my favorite recipes for kids lunchboxes or guest parties. It’s really easy to make so even amateur chef like me can prepare it perfectly. And it’s a perfect snack for St. Paddy’s day!
Just remove the ham from the filling, and it’s a fantastic vegetarian main dish!
Spinach Rolls Recipe
Here is what you will need for Spinach Rolls Recipe:
For sponge cake layer:
6 tsp of flour
3 tsp of water
3 tsp of milk
1 bag of Baking powder
1 tsp of salt
500 g frozen spinach (defrost before using)
You can go crazy with filling for this and put anything you like. Here is my favorite combination:
300 g cream cheese
200 g of ham (cut it in small pieces)
100 g of pickles (finely chopped)
baked egg (grated)
1. Beat egg whites and salt together in a small mixing bowl.
2. Add egg yolks to the mixture and mix well.
3. Add milk and water. Mix again.
4. Add flour and baking powder. Mix mix.
5. Add spinach and mix one last time.
6. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Put greaseproof paper on the pan (a 23×33 cm) and fill it with the batter. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. When it’s done leave it so it can cool down and make the filling in the meantime. Just mix everything together and spread filling over spinach roll. Roll it back up snugly and leave in the fridge to cool down. I love to serve it with yoghurt!
Can this Spinach Rolls Recipe be any more simpler? Yum! And the best thing about this recipe is that you can add anything to the mixture so it can be the right fit for your taste buds!
I didn’t find many recipes like this tasty spinach rolls recipe, so I really hope everyone will enjoy it. If your kids don’t really like spinach (or maybe you don’t), I bet they will love it this way. Try it, you won’t regret it!