How to Teach Your Child to Draw
- Drawing can be both fun and educational, aiding children in developing fine motor skills, dealing with strong emotions, and understanding the world around them.
- Drawing helps children to interpret unfamiliar objects and events, encapsulating confusing ideas into easily understood symbolism.
- An interest in drawing, however, has been noted to wane around the ages of 9 to 11. What can parents and educators do to keep children’s interest in the arts alive?
- How can children be helped to gain skill in drawing without stifling their creativity?
- Consider the following ten suggestions for helping children to retain this vital skill. If you’d like to see some additional details, you can find more in the original article at Easy Drawing Guides.