I often catch myself playing Candy Crush Saga or Uno on my iPhone, instead of playing with my little girl. That’s bad, I know it and I want to change it!
Well, this weekend I decided to play with her every hour, every minute, every second… Me and my husband gathered the list of 101 fun things to do with toddlers we will do this weekend (and few next ones..) with our little toddler. Join us!
Fun things to do with toddlers
1. Bake muffins.
2. Play balloon tennis.
3. Draw together.
4. Construct something cool with LEGO’s
5. Have a picnic in the living room.
6. Visit a pet zoo and show her how chickens look like in real life.
7. Take a walk by the sea.
8. Sing together her favorite songs.
9. Build a fort.
10. Play with finger paint.
11. Play football in the backyard.
12. Plant something together. Cherry tomatoes, for example.
13. Play hide and seek.
14. Make homemade ice cream.
15. Fly a kite.
16. Visit grandparents and let them spoil her.
17. Go to the park
18. Play tea party with her dolls.
19. Spend 30 minutes reading her favorite story.
20. Do magic tricks!
21. Make your own greeting cards.
22. Play with play dough.
23. Have an indoor scavenger hunt.
24. Have a water gun fight.
25. Go out for dessert.
26. Play UNO or some other fun card game for kids.
27. Play indoor basketball.
28. Blow bubbles.
29. Color cute pages you can find online for free.
30. Play catch.
31. Build a tower and then knock it down.
32. Feed the ducks.
33. Collect cool rocks on the beach.
34. Visit a botanical garden.
35. Visit an aquarium.
36. Watch the children play at the theater.
37. Jump on the trampolines.
38. Build a sand castle.
39. Have a newspaper snowball fight.
40. Do chores together.
41. Pick flowers.
42. Play dress up.
43. Draw on windows.
44. Visit the pet store to see hamsters and rabbits.
46. Make your own puzzle.
47. Play instruments.
48. Go for a walk somewhere you’ve never been before.
49. Water your plants.
50. Play hopscotch.
51. Workout together.
52. Set up an obstacle course in the backyard.
53. Just dance.
54. Play with her favorite toys.
55. Play with sensory boxes
56. Face paint.
57. Bake tasty cookies together.
58. Build an egg carton trains.
59. Create something out of a box.
60. Put on a puppet show.
61. Make paper hats.
62. Make a playhouse out of a large box.
63. Make and play with sock puppets.
64. Draw with chalk on the sidewalk.
65. Do the Hokey Pokey.
66. Make a domino chain.
67. Make your own juice.
68. Take a nap together!
69. Make a fruit necklace.
70. Throw a birthday party for her favorite stuffed animal.
71. Play board games.
72. Do some paper plate crafts.
73. Make your own moon sand and play with it.
74. Tickle each other.
75. Bubble Wrap Stomp Painting.
76. Play with color rice.
77. Make a foil river in the yard.
78. Make a color wheel and teach kid about colors.
79. Play an indoor bubble wrap hopscotch.
80. Create roadways on the floor with some tape.
81. Build a sponge tower.
82. Make maracas from yogurt bottles.
83. Play horsey.
84. Make homemade pudding.
85. Make a simple bird feeder.
86. Paint with frozen ice cubes.
87. Paint those rocks you found on the beach.
88. Make a color shape river.
89. Feed the alphabet monster.
90. Make a paper bag mask.
91. Pom Poms target practice.
92. Have a ‘yes day’ and do whatever your toddler wants.
93. Make your own stuffed animal.
94. Make your own jam and have it for dinner.
95. Do some sticker art.
96. Send a message in the bottle with 101 activities.
97. Roll down hills.
98. Have a photo shooting!
99. Donate your extra toys!
100. Make a jar with all the activities, write them down on paper and just pull it out of the jar when you don’t know what to do. Similar to happy jar with memories.
101. Hug her and never let go.
I hope you like the list. I mean, with 101 different ideas you are bound to find some that your kids will enjoy. Do you have Fun Things To Do With Toddlers or a toddler activity you would like to add?
*And just for full disclosure, there might be a few affiliate links in Fun Things To Do With Toddlers post. This means that I’m sharing something that I think is helpful, and if you make a purchase through the link, I earn a little bit back. No extra cost to you, and just a little help for me to pay for the blog expenses.